Wednesday 25 April 2012

26/04/12

A decided to go for a bit more variety in terms of the sports (ie. not just football) that I would be betting on today.

Zurich Classic of New Orleans (Golf)
There were quite a few golfers who I facied for a top 5 finish at this tournament but I went for Nick Watney and Harris English at 7/1 and 14/1 respectivly. I think English has a great chance in this tournament and Watney is due a great performance this year and has performed well at this tournament in the past.

UEFA Europa League Semi Finals
Both games are quite tough to call this year and the odds are not very good when choosing a team to qualify for the final, so I bet on who would win. I think Athletico Madrid could win at the Mestalla as Valencia will have to attack in order to overcome the big 4-2 deficit that they suffered when visiting the Calderon.Athetico to win was going at 11/4 which represents decent value.
The Athletic Bilbao vs Sporting Lisbon match was a lot harder to call. The tie is set up perfectally as Lisbon hold a goal advantage but Bilbao were able to grab an away goal. I think this may be a draw as Lisbon will probably allow Bilbao to hold possession but not to penetrate. The draw was going at 3/1.

Premier League Darts
Two matches intrigued me while I was looking at the darts schedule. Phil Taylor is facing Simon Whitlock whom he is always challenged by. Whitlock to win is priced at 7/2 so I put money on that as well as Andy Hamilton to overcome Barney who has not performed to his high standards so far at 7/4.

Round Up
Nick Watney Top 5 Finish - 7/1 - £1.00
Harris English Top 5 Finish - 14/1 - £1.50
Athletico Madrid to win against Valencia - 11/4 - 50p
Athletic Bilbao and Sporting Lisbon to draw - 3/1 - 50p
Andy Hamilton to win against Raymond van Barneveld - 7/4 - 20p
Simon Whitlock to win against Phil Taylor - 7/2 - 20p

I have put a lot more money on the line this week and I went for some upsets here to try and win a bit more money. Hopefully my gamble will pay off!

No comments:

Post a Comment